FirstClass Grant Program for Teachers
Think like a child! Get inside your students' minds and let us help you fund programs you have been dreaming of. First County Bank Foundation is awarding funds for creative educational programs in local K-5 public school classrooms. The FirstClass Grant Program for Teachers application forms are accepted from September 1st to October 31st each year. Application forms will not be accepted after October 31st. The grants will be awarded to the most creative and educationally worthy classroom programs, with funds available as early as November.
Our priority areas of focus are:
- Grades K-5 public school teachers working in the towns of Stamford, Greenwich, Darien, Fairfield, New Canaan, Norwalk, Westport and neighboring communities in Bridgeport.
- Programs needing support must be creative educational programs related to subjects/curriculum taught and have a broad impact for an entire class/grade level.
- Requests for books, magazine subscriptions, school trips and electronics such as computers, tablets or mice are not eligible.
- Examples of program types: Nature-based, astronomy, financial literacy, conservation and environmental focus.
Specific Application Requirements:
- Authorization from school principal is required for eligibility
- Must demonstrate proof of program outcomes in the form of a written report; photos or videos must also be provided
- While all grant requests are considered, the maximum grant awarded is $1,000.00
How to Apply for FirstClass Grant Program for Teachers:
For your convenience, First County Bank Foundation is pleased to offer a new online grant process which will allow us to collect all of the information that we need to make a timely decision. Grant applications will only be accepted online.
The first time an applicant applies to First County Bank Foundation for funding using this system, they will be required to create a user name and password. This will provide applicants with the option to save and finish their application at any time. After completing the application and submitting it successfully, applicants will receive a thank you email sent to the email address that they provided
In an effort to be more environmentally friendly and notify applicants in the most efficient manner, First County Bank Foundation uses digital communications to notify applicants that their grant application was received, processed and if it was ultimately approved or declined.